A Complete D-STAR Operating Guide
Using easy to understand explanations and illustrations, this book describes how the D-STAR system operates and provides guidance for setting up transceivers to be able to access D-STAR's many features and modes of operation. Special coverage is given to the extended capabilities available via Dplus equipped gateways.
Provides D-STAR users with the background information and radio programming procedures needed to route calls via remote repeaters and reflectors. The book also includes detailed how-to information for digital text messaging, file transfers and DV Dongle operation.
Detailed information for installing, configuring and operating the freeware d*Chat and DRATS digital messaging and file transfer programs. Especially useful when Internet access is not available or for supporting emergency communications.
A separate chapter is devoted to setting up and using the DV Dongle to make calls through D-STAR repeaters and reflectors using a computer. Ideal for those without a local D-STAR repeater or for when you are traveling.
A chapter is also devoted to the newly released DVAP (DV mode Access Point) dongle used for setting up a local RF hotspot so that mobile and HT D-STAR transceivers can link to stations on the D-STAR network when a repeater is not within range.
This is the first comprehensive reference to the world of D-STAR operation ever published. An ideal resource for discovering the full range of operating modes and opportunities available to D-STAR users. Experience the excitement of D-STAR!
- Ideal reference for those getting into D-STAR
- Straight forward and simple explanations
- Written for both beginning & experienced D-STAR users
- Routing calls using the D-STAR network
- Local and remote repeater operation
- Linking to D-STAR Reflectors
- Using call sign memories to make calls
- Programming radios for D-STAR operation
- Making use of short text messaging
- Text and data file transmissions
- Using a computer and a DV dongle
- Use a DVAP dongle when no repeater is available
- Finding and accessing D-Star repeaters
- Informative computer screen photos
- Packed with useful information
- Clear and easy to read
- Paperback cover, printed on 24 lb paper
- Size: 135, 5.5 x 8.5 inch pages
New to the Third Edition
- Expanded content from 134 to 149 pages
- Updated illustrations and text to be current with updates to referenced web pages
- Added coverage of newly added Dplus linking features and D and E reflector modules
- Updated D*RATS digital communication software section to latest changes
- Added a new section covering Icom's DR mode operation on several recent radios
- Described the revolutionary new features of the ID-31A and ID-51A transceivers
- Expanded coverage of D-STARinfo.com's many features and repeater downloads
- Added many Notes and Tips to emphasize important points